Lockdowns and physical distancing
- Bendavid, E., Oh, C., Bhattacharya, J., Ioannidis, J.P.A. Assessing mandatory stay-at-home and business closure effects on the spread of COVID-19. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 05 January 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/eci.13484 “We find no clear, significant beneficial effect of most restrictive nonpharmaceutical interventions (mandatory stay-at-home and business closures) on case growth in any country… Lockdowns do 10 times more damage to health of the citizens than they protect.”
- Joffe, A. COVID-19: Rethinking the Lockdown Groupthink. Preprints 2020, 2020100330 4 November 2020 https://doi: 10.20944/preprints202010.0330.v2. “The destruction of lives and livelihoods in the name of survival will haunt us for decades… The most affected by the pandemic response are “the poor, the marginalized, and the vulnerable”
- Chaudhry, R., Dranitsaris, G. et al. A country level analysis measuring the impact of government actions, country preparedness and socioeconomic factors on COVID-19 mortality and related health outcomes. The Lancet. 21 July 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eclinm.2020.100464.“Rapid border closures, full lockdowns, and wide-spread testing were not associated with COVID-19 mortality per million people.”
- Cao, S., Gan, Y., Wang, C. et al. Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China. Nat Commun 11, 5917 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-19802-w “This study looking at PCR test data from nearly 10 million residents in Wuhan city found that not a single one of those who had been in close contact with an asymptomatic individual tested positive. Asymptomatic people do not spread COVID-19.”
- Gao, Ming et al. A study on infectivity of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers. Respiratory medicine vol. 169 (2020): 106026. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rmed.2020.106026. “In summary, all the 455 contacts were excluded from SARS-CoV-2 infection and we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak.”
- John Tamny. Restricting Freedom Didn't Defeat Covid. The American Institute for Economic Research. 15 May 2021. https://www.aier.org/article/restricting-freedom-didnt-defeat-covid/. "Even though freedom is its own wondrous virtue, even though freedom produces essential information that protects us, and even though free people produce the resources without which diseases kill with sickening rapidity, panicky politicians erased it in 2020 on the supposition that personal and economic desperation was the best solution for a spreading virus. Historians will marvel at the abject stupidity of the political class in 2020."
- Arjun Walia. World's Pre-Eminent Infectious Disease Epidemiologist Explains How Lockdowns Don't Protect Anyone. Collective Evolution. 21 March 2021. https://www.collective-evolution.com/2021/03/21/worlds-pre-eminent-infectious-disease-epidemiologist-explains-how-lockdowns-dont-protect-anyone/. Dr. Sunetra Gupta, an Oxford professor who is regarded by many as the world's pre-eminent infectious disease epidemiologist explains that lockdowns have done nothing to protect people from covid, and that they have caused a great deal of harm. Do government health authorities really have our best interests at heart, or do they act in favour of measures that benefit the rich and the powerful? Why are so many of the world's leading scientists being censored?
- Allysia Finley. Vindication for Ron DeSantis. The Wall Street Journal Opinion. 5 March 2021. https://www.wsj.com/articles/vindication-for-ron-desantis-11614986751?mod=hp_opin_pos_2. “The media vilified him for rejecting harsh lockdowns. But Florida’s Covid-19 numbers are better than California’s or New York’s, and its economy thrives."
- True North Wire. Lockdowns have no significant benefits: international study. 04 March 2021. https://tnc.news/2021/03/04/lockdowns-have-no-significant-benefits-international-study/ “An international study comparing government measures to combat coronavirus in ten countries found lockdowns had no measurable impact on transmission."
- Megan Redshaw and Beth Giuffre. COVID’s Deadly Toll on Youth: A Sharp Rise in Suicides. 3 February 2021.Children’s Health Defense. https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/covids-deadly-toll-youth-suicides/ “...young people are suffering overwhelming harm to their mental health in this crisis.”
- Erica L. Green. Surge of Student Suicides Pushes Las Vegas Schools to Reopen. The New York Times. 24 January 2021. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/us/politics/student-suicides-nevada-coronavirus.html?referringSource=articleShare “When we started to see the uptick in children taking their lives, we knew it wasn’t just the Covid numbers we need to look at anymore..."
- Joakim Book and Christian Bjornskov. Lockdowns Don’t Prevent Coronavirus Spread. American Institute for Economic Research. 12 January 2021. https://www.aier.org/article/lockdowns-dont-prevent-coronavirus-spread/ “A new study from Northern Jutland shows that an extreme form of lockdown didn’t work in one of the most law-abiding societies in the world.”
- Anthony Furey. Canadian expert’s research finds lockdown harms are 10 times greater than benefits. The Toronto Sun. 09 January 2021. https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/canadian-experts-research-finds-lockdown-harms-are-10-times-greater-than-benefits Dr. Joffe includes thorough material including the “collateral damage” caused by lockdowns and states the infection mortality rate for those over 70 is 0.23% and under 70 only 0.05%.
- Dr. Joseph Mercola. Asymptomatic People Do Not Spread COVID-19. 04 December 2020. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/12/04/do-asymptomatic-people-spread-coronavirus.aspx “A vast majority of those testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 are asymptomatic. They simply aren’t sick. The PCR test is merely picking up inactive (noninfectious) viral particles.”
- Jeffrey A. Tucker. Asymptomatic Spread Revisited. American Institute for Economic Research. 22 November 2020. https://www.aier.org/article/asymptomatic-spread-revisited/ “With solid evidence that asymptomatic spread is nonsense, we have to ask: who is making decisions and why?”
- AIER Staff. Cost of Lockdowns: A Preliminary Report. American Institute for Economic Research. 18 November 2020. https://www.aier.org/article/cost-of-us-lockdowns-a-preliminary-report/ “A brief look at the cost of stringencies in the United States, and around the world, including stay-at-home orders, closings of business and schools, restrictions on gatherings, shutting of arts and sports, restrictions on medical services, and interventions in the freedom of movement.”
- Infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists around the world. 04 October 2020. The Great Barrington Declaration. https://gbdeclaration.org. “The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection. Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19.
- Abel Sumner, Jeremiah Jackson, Jacob Cage. Revolver Exclusive Study: COVID-19 Lockdowns Over 10 Times More Deadly Than Pandemic Itself. 31 August 2020. https://www.revolver.news/2020/08/study-covid-19-lockdowns-deadlier-than-pandemic-itself/ “The results... suggest that the lockdowns will end up costing Americans over 10 times as many years of life as they will save from the virus itself.
- Will Feuer and Noah Higgins-Dunn. Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is 'very rare,' WHO says. CNBC News. 10 June 2020. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html “Preliminary evidence from the earliest outbreaks indicated the virus could spread even if people didn’t have symptoms… But the WHO says that while asymptomatic spread can occur, it is 'very rare'.”